Thank you for checking out St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Whitby, Ontario, Canada. We’re a community of people who love people: we meet regularly to worship God, to study God’s word, to fellowship together and to care for one another, and reach out to our neighbours across the road and around the world. We seek to serve our Lord Jesus Christ. We welcome you to come and spend Sunday morning with us and experience the warmth and friendliness of a Christ-centered community.
Our church family worships each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. We look forward to having you and your children join us, as we have a Sunday School program and Nursery care available. Following the service, we have a Coffee Time in the church hall: a chance to mingle and meet members of our church community. We look forward to welcoming you to our church community in the near future. Come and try us out.
Sunday Morning Worship Services at
St. Andrew’s Whitby
St. Andrew’s Whitby Church Re-opening for In-Person Worship: We are excited that we will be reopening for in-person Worship on Sunday, September 19that 10:00am, based on ongoing progress of province wide vaccination rates and improvements of key public health and health care indicators. Our protocols for Sunday are based on recommendations from our local public health authorities.
Our procedures for our Reopening: According to Durham Public Health “Gathering limit for religious services, wedding ceremonies and funeral services: Indoor and outdoor capacity is limited to the number of people that can maintain 2 metres physical distancing.”
- Entry through the back door of the church from the parking lot
- A screening table will be in place, staffed by a volunteer with the congregational list where you will register your attendance and complete COVID screening questions.
- Assisted by an usher, as you enter the sanctuary, you will be seated front-to-back; exiting the sanctuary at the end of the service will occur seating back-to-front, directed by an usher.
- Offering baskets will be available at the rear of the sanctuary.
- Masks will be required to be worn indoors throughout the service.
- There will be no congregational singing as yet. Praise-hymn selections will be pre-recorded material or keyboard by Music Ministry Leader.
- Following the service, after exiting the sanctuary, please exit the building via the back door to the parking lot.
- There will be no Coffee Hour at this time.
We will continue to streaming of our Sunday morning services on-line. They may be accessed at 10:00 am every Sunday(or thereafter), using the following link. Invite your friends and family to join as well.
Join us for our virtual coffee time on Zoom following the service at 12:00 noon.
Archived recordings of services can be accessed as follows: Go to the “About Us” pull-down menu and select the section entitled “Sunday Services”. Audio versions will be also available there.
Financial Donations to St. Andrew’s
We are directing people to make financial donations either by mail or online on our church website (green button in the top right corner).
Congregation members may make donations on the following ways:
– by donate button. Right side of St. Andrew’s church web page – worship-with-us.org
– by mailing a cheque to the church at 209 Cochrane Street, Whitby, Ontario L1N 5H9
– by dropping a cheque at the church (mailbox at the front door)
– by becoming part of the very effective Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR) program. We use pre-authorized arrangements for convenient payment of taxes, utilities, etc. and you can support your church with the same convenience. A sign-up form can be found in the COVID-19 Resources section of our webpage.
Donations made on-line can be designated to the church’s general fund or our Missions and Outreach Foodbank program. Cheque donations should be designated please.
Community members may make donations to our Outreach Foodbank program by cheque or on-line on our church website. Such donations received after the 23rd of March will automatically go towards our Missions and Outreach Foodbank program. Cheques may be dropped off to the church (mailbox at the front door). These donations should be designated to go to the Outreach Foodbank program.
Food Bank Donations Urgently Needed
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic crisis, we are seeing a significant increase in demand for food from new and repeat visitors to St. Andrew’s Community Outreach Food Bank. We will now be assisting our visitors every Friday(by appt.) Without additional sources of food and funding however, we will not be able to respond meaningfully to this crisis. We would therefore be pleased to receive donations of non-perishable foods or cash to our food bank. Charitable receipts will be provided for cash donations of any amount. Donations may be dropped off at the north door (back door) of the church between Monday and Friday, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. The church office phone number is 905 668-4022.
Please go to the pull-down menu at the top of this page entitled: COVID-19 Resources. Here you will find additional information, support and spiritual encouragement as we meet the challenges of the pandemic.
Looking for our Community Outreach schedule?
Looking for something else, but not sure where?